Course Length: Online learning platform. 12 modules, with a 50 question multiple choice exam at the end.
This accredited and certificated course provides students with a carefully sequenced learning experience that combines structured reading with online learning and assessment activities in preparation for a final online examination and written assignment linked to individual conditions and contraindications to treatment.
Your enrolment includes all administration and certificate, as well as:
- FREE membership to ThinkTree Hub as a student and or full qualified member
- TWO FREE PDF downloads of comprehensive text books to use within your studies and for reference when qualified and practicing as a therapist.
- If you would like to purchase a hard copies of the books at a discounted price
- All you need to do once enrolled is to download the order form within the Course Introduction, add your details, attach the form and email it to admin who will dispatch both texts (if you decide to purchase hard copies)
- Anatomy & Physiology by Ruth Hull (RRP £19)
- Healing Massage, A-Z Guide to more than 40 Medical Conditions by by Maureen Abson (RRP £18.99)
The Units you will study on this course are:
- The Organisation of the Body
- The Skin, Hair and Nails
- The Skeletal System
- The Muscular System
- The Nervous System
- The Endocrine System
- The Respiratory System
- The Cardiovascular System
- The Lymphatic and Immune System
- The Digestive System
- The Urinary System
- The Reproductive System
You will also be asked to submit a written assessment detailing four personal reflections aligned to specific conditions and the contraindications to treatment impacting on your professional practice. A detailed writing frame / guidance is provided, each reflection has a word count limit of 350 words.
A final online exam (open book) comprising of 50 multiple choice questions is the final assessment, the Pass mark required is 80%. Up to 5 resits are available at no cost.
Awarding Body: ThinkTree Hub Education
The way the course works is as follows:
- Student enrols
- Completes all the units
- Sits the multiple choice test (5 attempts allowed)
- Sends in the assignments and awaits feedback (there is sometimes further work to do)
- Then a certificate will be sent after assessors feedback if the student has passed